Release date estimate?

This forum is for all posts regarding Chicken Fighters 2012. Post questions, bugs, and get support help here.
Eco Master

Release date estimate?

Post by Eco Master »

From the rate this is going, I'd have to say around august-septemberish. Now that the halfwy mark is reached and all the harder coding is done, it should be a breeze!
"OMG!! I'm gonna win! *is killed by a random person* What the- GRRR!-me playing Dynasty Warriors 5
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Uh August-September? Yea right dude. At least January for the first 1.0 beta, probably not even then. The programming isnt hard but its the boring parts now. If somebody wants to make the map I wouldnt mind, I hate doing it all.
Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction.

--Ronald Reagan
Eco Master

Post by Eco Master »

Hate it? Hmm, I have way too much free time on my hands. I can help! Just tell me what to do where and I can help!
"OMG!! I'm gonna win! *is killed by a random person* What the- GRRR!-me playing Dynasty Warriors 5
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

K, make me the map for the game! Have fun!

Wait until build 50 comes out, then go to the map editor and make the map. Like make the different areas. Then send me what you've been working on in a month and I will add it as the map. If you could do that, it would take so much time off from me programming the game, the map editing is the most tedius for me!

So I guess get familiar with the map editor for now, then when build 50 comes out in a couple days, start map hacking. Then send me what you made by I guess July 31st when build 60 would be ready.
Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction.

--Ronald Reagan
Eco Master

Post by Eco Master »

Mmmkay. I just know how to put pictures(besides chests, I can do those real good!), you know, you can still go through them. How do I make them solid? Or will you do that?
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

I am not sure what you mean by solid, you mean how to make a tile walkable? This is hardcoded by the tile number so dont worry about that.

Dont worry about chests either, I will add those myself.

Just draw a map, have fun with it. Send me an update every couple days so I can see how you are doing with it. If I like it I will let you keep doing it, if not then dont worry about it. Just draw the world of chicken fighters, make the buildings, make the areas. I will do the fine details and stuff.

--Ronald Reagan
Eco Master

Post by Eco Master »

Okay! So, how many towns do you need?
Eco Master

Post by Eco Master »

Oh, and how about non-town places? Like caves and secret tiles (like the grave an DMII).
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Just make the overworld, dont worry about secret areas. You can add a cave or something if you want too and I will do that part. Just do overworld, towns, and inside of towns. I need about 10 areas total, I got three already as you have seen.

So by tomorrow night I should have build 50 up, so start from there!

--Ronald Reagan
Eco Master

Post by Eco Master »

Hmm, so just the outside? Cause I know how to do the inside and all that.
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Just do outside for now so I can see if I like your work. Then if I do I will let you do more. I am pretty picky about things so take it slow with me for now.

--Ronald Reagan
Eco Master

Post by Eco Master »

Hm, tommorow night.

Considering I stay up till midnight on average (10 pm where you live o.O;) depending on when you release the build, I may just be able to do a lot, like, a town. I'm serious, It may only take a few days for me to do the overworld, cause I've got nothing else to do. (besides the random cleaning I have to do)

This is gonna be fun!
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Released build 50! Go for it!

--Ronald Reagan
Eco Master

Post by Eco Master »

OK!