Demon Matra III?

This forum is for all posts regarding Demon's Mantra II. Post questions, bugs, and get support help here.
RPG Lover

Re: Demon Matra III?

Post by RPG Lover »

Summer is here. Good time to start making Demon Mantra III!!! :D
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

It's Demon Mantra III creating time!!!
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

It's getting cooler. Fall will soon be here. Heard DM3 makes a great Christmas present. Time to get started making it!
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

It’s almost Christmas. I think DM3 would look great under my tree. Hmm. Wonder if anyone reads this thread.
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

2018. Year of Demons Mantra 3?????
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

No sorry, one day.
Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction.

--Ronald Reagan
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Hello! Too bad you are not doing DM3. :cry:

Thanks for the reply. It’s been a LONG time since I have seen anyone but me post here.

Hope you are doing well! :D
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

It’s the middle of summer. A good time to make Demon Mantra III while enjoying a cold drink inside! :D
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Summer is coming to a close. The kids are back in school. Good time to start a new DM2 play thru. Played so many times I lost count.

While I do that you can start on DM3. Thanks. :D If not maybe you should start a new DM2 play thru yourself! Come on you know you want to! 8)
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

You are crazy! I tried to play but I cant figure it out on Windows 10. I wish I could easily port it. But I dont know how.
Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction.

--Ronald Reagan
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Hey Issa. Thanks for the reply. Great to hear from you.

Yeah. Doesn’t work so great on Win 10. I started a new game on Win 7. It works ok but not great. It’s playable.

A port would be the best way to go. I looked into it a few years ago. I had donated money to you to get the source code.

The problem I had was much of the code was inside the Visual Basic forms and other files. It wasn’t just straight code.

I didn’t have access to Visual Basic and could never see all the code or even get it to run from the source.

I’m thinking I should try again. Maybe I can find a used copy of Visual Basic or something. It’s too bad all the code is tied up in all those tables and forms.

It’s a shame because the game still holds up well. Not sure why I love it so much. I have played and completed it so many times. I enjoy it more than other recent big budget RPGs

That is why I always pester you about DM3. Mostly as a running joke and gag. I know DM3 probably never happen but it’s fun to get on here and make a funny post about it. Keep the forum alive.

Thanks again for the games! Really love DM3! Might look into getting it up and running in Visual Studio. Have a good one.
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

I was able to run it on Windows 10 64bit just fine. Im playing it right now. Im running 1.0.4. I had to install some OCX controls first though.

Yes. I would love to port this game on Android or something. But I just dont have the time.

--Ronald Reagan
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Cool you are playing. I was able to get it running under Win 7 and Win 10. So far so good. The game still holds up and is fun to play. Are you still playing? What section are you on? Love the game still so fun. The story still works. Even if you made it up as you went. Someone it all worked out. Maybe it’s magic. Have fun if you are still playing!!
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Did you finish your play thru? I’m about halfway thru I think. Haven’t had the time to play much. Still love the game. Still enjoy playing it. Hope all is well!
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

It’s almost Christmas. I heard DM3 would make a awesome Christmas present. Can you ask Santa to put it under my tree? Thanks. It’s all I want for Christmas!
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Is 2019 the year DM3 comes out? Magic Eight Ball says: Yes - definitely!
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

The Super Bowl is over. Very boring game. No more NFL until August. Good time to start working on DM3. I feel that 2019 is the year of DM3!
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

It’s spring and things are starting to grow. Seems like a good time to spring into action and start working on DM3!!!
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

It’s summer. The kids are out of school. Looking for a fun game to play. I know! DM3 is exactly what they need. Let’s get started. You don’t want to let the children down. Do you?
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

It's getting to be fall and football is back. You know what else should be back? DM3. It's time to get started!
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Boo! It’s Halloween. Seems like a good day to start working on DM 3. It will be a scary good time!
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

It’s the year 2020! A perfect time to get started on DM3. Let’s make 2020 the year of DM3!!! :D
Jfighter

Post by Jfighter »

You know, I never came on these forums back when I actually played DM2 and Chicken Fighters. But the other day, something told me to check if IssaSoft was still around. Crazy that it's all still hear. I really need to replay DM2 now that there is hope it runs on Win10. Or set up a VM with something older if I can find it.

But, you have awesome enthusiasm to still be here, Rpg Lover. I agree, though, I still remember how much I loved Demons Mantra 2 as a kid.
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

WOW! Another human posting on these boards. Crazy! It's been years since anyone other than me posted here. I'm in shock! :P :shock:

So glad that you also enjoyed DM2! Yeah I post every few months. Hoping that it would motivate Issa to make DM3. As you can see it hasn't worked yet.

Still keeping my fingers crossed that someday he will get interested in making it. He did ask me once what I liked about the game and why I kept playing it. I did a post that outlined some of the reason. I was hoping that maybe he was going to use that to make DM3. Doesn't seem like that is the case.

It's a simple game but I still love it. I play it every so often. At least once a year. Issa was on once and said he was replaying it as well. Not sure what makes me come back to it. I have lots of games on Steam. Many good and simple RPGs but I just like this for some reason.

There are some issues with it on newer OS. Here on my Win 7 setup there was long delays in the keyboard input until I shut off the sound and music. That seems to have fixed the problem. Not sure how it works on Win 10. I have Win 7 Prof version so I ended up running it in the Win XP virtual mode that Win 7 Prof has. It works perfectly there. Good luck and I hope it works for you. Let me know how it turns out.

Have fun with the game. Hopefully you will come back and post about your experiences with the game. Take care and have a good one. Thanks again for the post. Still can't believe another person has posted after all this time! :D
Jfighter

Post by Jfighter »

Right? Another human. I was expecting to wait a few months for your response. I haven't gotten a chance to play it again yet. But I'll let you know when I do.
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

It’s July and a hot summer. What is better than to stay inside and work on DM3. Come on you know you want to. Give the fans what they want. What else do you have to do? Maybe it’s time to start another DM2 playthru while I wait.
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

It’s getting to be the end of summer. Kids are back learning from schools. Seems like a good time to work on DM3. No kids around to bother you. It’s about time for you to start on DM3.
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Winter is coming. Seems like a good time to start on creating DM3!
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

All I want for Christmas is DM3 DM3 DM3. All I want for
Christmas is DM3. Please Santa bring me DM3!
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

It’s a New Year. Time to start something new. It seems like DM3 is what is needed. I was told that the year 2021 would bring us DM3. If you add the last two digits of the year 21 that makes 3. Like DM3. It’s a sign.

How can you deny the signs. It clearly shows that you need to make DM3 in the year 2021. You don’t want to upset the Gods do you? Seems like it’s best to start non DM3 immediately! Your soul could suffer if you don’t.
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Summer is here. Good time to stay inside where it's cool. While enjoying the cool air you can start work on DM3!
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Sorry no DM3 right now, would love too, but dont have the time, one day maybe.

--Ronald Reagan
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Wow! Hey Issa. It’s been awhile. Thanks for the reply. How you been? Hope all is well. Take care and have a good one!
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

It's getting close to Christmas. I think Demon Mantra III would make a great Christmas present!
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

LOL

--Ronald Reagan
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Shouldn't this be out already? What is taking so long? Hmmm.
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Lol sorry. Been playing Fallout 76 and Diablo 3/Immoral, and Switch games. And oh, and working like a dog. Sorry, one day, maybe the year 3000?

--Ronald Reagan
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Hey Issa. Good to hear from you. How do you like Diablo Immortal? I know lots of people are upset about all the microtransactions. It did make $14 million in one week so someone is enjoying it. Heh. Are you playing on PC or Mobile? I have only played Diablo 2/3/Resurrected. Maybe DM3 needs to be a action RPG.

I started a new play thru on DM2 not long ago. I was playing DM1 but got stuck in the desert pyramid. Forgot what I need to do to advance. I will figure it out. DM3 in year 3000 sounds about right. :) Have a good one!
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

I really like Diablo Immortal. I think its fun, but I love Diablo. Just dont pay for anything and play for casual/fun and you wont be disappointed. Im paying for the $5 battle pass each month but thats it. I didnt like D2 resurrected, they should have done a lot more updates to the game and graphics, like Age of Empires 2, wow, did they do a great job on that. Im just waiting for D4 now.

--Ronald Reagan
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Glad you are enjoying it. I liked what I have played so far. Nice I can play on my phone and then later on the PC. Overall I like it but don't see myself spending money on it. It really works well on the phone and I think they did a nice job there. The touch controls work well.

I got Diablo Resurrected for the XBox when it was on sale and I had a $5 credit about to expire. For that price I think it's pretty good. I do wish they had done more upgrades. I hate they didn't add more inventory space. I forgot how unforgiving it was and hate inventory Tetris trying to fit everything. Otherwise it's D2 that I can play on a console and it's fine.

I never did finish D3 so I should do that at some point. Too many games and other things to do and not enough time. Have a good one!
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Hmmm. Still no DM3? Should have been finished by now. What to do? I know. I guess it’s time to start a new play thru on DM2 while I wait. I’m sure I won’t have too wait long for DM3 to come out. It is 2024 after all!
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Gonna have to keep waiting sorry. Right now just working and playing Diablo 4.

--Ronald Reagan