Demon Matra III?

This forum is for all posts regarding Demon's Mantra II. Post questions, bugs, and get support help here.
RPG Lover

Demon Matra III?

Post by RPG Lover »

Any chance of getting a new version of this game? I really liked the first two. Chicken Fighter is cool but there are not that many indie RPG anymore. Please consider making a new one! :D
Issa
Issa
Issa

Re: Demon Matra III?

Post by Issa »

Hahaha, maybe, I dont know. Its a lot of time which I dont have nowadays. I mean, I still havent finished Chicken Fighters yet, it was to be done in 2005, its 5 years later now. I do want to make another one though someday. I've already got the map editor and map engine done for another game.
Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction.

--Ronald Reagan
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

That is too bad. I'm tired of all the RPG Maker 2000 games. They are fun but all end up looking the same. Good luck with whatever you are working on. :)
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Maybe get people in the community to help with the game? Would that help getting the game started?
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Its just time consuming. If somebody wants the source code and wants to make the game themselves, I could do that. Need programmers though.
Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction.

--Ronald Reagan
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

What language is the engine/game written in? I know C and C++.
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

The original concept proof is written in VB.NET 2005. But I plan to start from scratch and remake what I have with C# 2010. Want to get away from VB.

--Ronald Reagan
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Cool. I don't know C#. I thought about learning it but not sure if it's worth it. I do know they have some nice libs and people prototype stuff very fast using it. The XBOX360 XNA also uses it. I don't know many people that use VB. There does still seem to be quite a bunch of fans of the old QBASIC RPGs. Some are now using FreeBasic of course. Good luck with the project if you ever start it.
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Just checking in to see if anything new is going on. Boo - no Demon Mantra III. Was hoping Santa had brought a late Christmas present. Hope all is well! :D
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Yea, I'm sorry, I havent worked on anything at all. No time anymore, but keep checking here and there.

--Ronald Reagan
RPG Lover

Re: Demon Mantra III?

Post by RPG Lover »

I see you released source code for Chicken Fighter. Any chance of releasing source
code for DM2? I know you don't have time for DM3 - ever think about updating this
version to include more things?

Maybe if the source code was released people would add things to the game? I'm
interested in looking the code. Maybe someday you will release it.

Anyways good luck with everything. Replaying DM2 right now - still a fun game.

Thanks again for making it! :)
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Yea I could release the source code, thats a good idea, but for a small donation. Let me work on that.

--Ronald Reagan
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Awesome! I'm willing to donate a small amount to be able to download it. Thanks for taking the time to do it
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

I posted the source code.

RPG Lover: Contact me and tell me how much you want to donate, you choose how much, I'll make a special case just for you only. Then donate and I'll send you the link. Thanks.

--Ronald Reagan
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Thanks! I love your games. I want to show my support so I would like to give the full $20 you are asking. :D
Thanks again for packing and releasing the code. I'm happy to donate and hopefully it will help to pay for the site.
Will send you an email soon to find out how to donate and get the download link.
Any plans of having DM1 source code available?
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

I got your email, thanks so much. As a bonus I sent you the link to ChickenFightersOnline, still in progress though.

Yes I do plan to release DM1 and CF2002 source codes. I'll send them all to you if you want them.

Thanks.

--Ronald Reagan
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Hello! Anything new going on with the games? Hope all is well. :)
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Hi, so update is, I havent made anything, sorry, always busy and I dont get tons of money for doing this so I'm never motivated, other than the fan mail. I was going to make a game for the Xbox but it turned out to be too much money (I had to pay a yearly fee), but I did get a menu system at least but I scrapped that. So now I'm working on an Android game for OS 4.0. Its not Demon's Mantra III but that could be a future game. They will be small games to learn first. My friend is making me graphics and I'm hoping it'll turn out. I'm turning away from PC games and going towards phone/tablet/online. Seems to be better fitted for what games I'm making.

--Ronald Reagan
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Hello. Thanks for the update. Too bad about Demon Matra III. I do understand what you are saying. Good luck with your new projects!
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Hello! Just checking in. Are you still working on your Android projects? Is there a better chance of Demon Mantra III? Hope all is well! :)
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Yea I have 1 Android app in beta. Its Frosty. I will post it some day.

No, no DM3, but Chicken Fighters is next. Hopefully afterwards DM3 or something.

--Ronald Reagan
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Oh, and I started playing Diablo 3...

--Ronald Reagan
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Cool. Glad you got your app done. I only have an iPhone. I think DM1 and DM2 would be fun to play on a phone.

I tried Diablo 3 during Beta. It was ok. Don't like the always online to play part of it. I'm sure I will pick it up at some point. I wonder if all the patches has made the game better. I still think that Diablo 2 is better based on Beta anyways.

Oh - I upgraded to Windows 7. DM1 and DM2 are giving errors looking for MCI32.OCX. Windows 7 wouldn't allow me to
install that file. Do you know how to get it to run under Windows 7? Thanks and good luck with your projects. :)
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Yes I got it to run. Use the installer version to install the required runtime. Thats for the media player. Then use the zip version afterwards.

--Ronald Reagan
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

I fixed it after reading that in the help file. Thanks for the reply.
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Replaying Demon Mantra II. I'm at around 44% done. Still very fun and holds up well. Still hoping to see Demon Mantra III someday... :wink:
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

I know, I still play the game too. I am almost done with my first Andoid app (Homer Simpson Sound Board). I will publish it in the Google Play store soon under IssaSoft. After that, Frosty the Buddy, then Chicken Fighters. Then I'm hoping a Demon's Mantra.

I'm focusing on Android now since it seems like the new best thing...

--Ronald Reagan
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

2013 = Year of Demon Mantra III?

Hehe - the year ends in a 3 - I think that is a sign... :D

Happy New Year! Have a great 2013!
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Haha, thanks for always asking. Nothing in the works. I still will get something Android done, like Chicken Fighters, maybe from there DM3. Wont be for Windows, will be an App since thats the new way to go now.

--Ronald Reagan
M@pple

Post by M@pple »

Its just time consuming. If somebody wants the source code and wants to make the game themselves, I could do that. Need programmers though.
I'm not a programmer unfortunately, but i know my way around the rpg maker(from the simple 2k to the RGSS3 powered VX Ace) and i'm a writer, to me to start working in DM III would be just a matter of being greenlit by the creator(yourself) and instead of receiving the source code, receiving some storyline notes, with the characters and plot and this kind of stuff.

Why i would do that? Well i am a writer im always looking for new experiences and you dropped that "well i could entrust this project to someone else" and i couldnt ressist

Always admired the fact that you created an RPG using C++ by yourself and at that time was a difficult thing to do.

Sad to hear that you have nothing on the works, but thats how things are when real life catches up with us.
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

A Demon Mantra III in RPG Maker would be awesome! Since you are a writer you could always design it yourself. Get permission from Issa to use the characters, locations, and lore of the first two games. Not sure if he would give it but a new Demon Mantra would be great. I pester Issa from time to time about it. Don't think he's ever going to make it. :(
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Hey M@pple - any updates on this? Wishful thinking I know :)
M@pple

Post by M@pple »

Nice of you showing some interest, i have something resembling a plot and a setting in my head, i just would need Issa's approval, to start something.
RPGLover

Post by RPGLover »

Yeah it would be awesome to get another game. I used to bug Issa about it all the time. He made it clear that nothing was planned. It's too bad since the first two were great. I'm sure if you asked him he would give you his blessing. I'm still hoping he makes a new one himself. But not holding my breath. Hope you create one! :)
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Hey M@pple! Any updates on this? Are you still hoping to do a remake? Here is to wishful thinking. Maybe Issa needs to start on Demon Mantra III now!! :D
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Demon Mantra for OUYA - that's the ticket! :)
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Demon Mantra 3! Demon Mantra 3! Demon Mantra 3! :)
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Sorry, one day though, I'm gonna do it.

--Ronald Reagan
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

I was playing Dm2 yesterday and today. Years later I'm amazed how awesome this game it. I'm having so much fun playing it. What do you like so much about the game?

For me its the music. The next thing is that it reminds me of Dragon Warrior, the battles are fun, walking around. I cant stop playing.

As I play I'm remembering when I programmed it. Late nights, inspiration from other games. Right now I'm doing the tower. My inspiration was from Final Fantasy 1, where you enter the tower to upgrade your characters. I feel this part of the game, you are finally reaching that halfway point and upgrading.

The story is also great. Some parts its cliché, but remember I made it as I went along, I never planned the story.

If I ever plan to update this game, #1, I need to fix the graphics on Windows 7. It gets cut off. #2, I need to increase the money, it costs a lot to buy items and weapons, #3, too many monster ecounters, I should decrease it.

--Ronald Reagan
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

It's great you are playing DM2 again! I played thru it again myself not too long ago. I just love the game so much. That is why I pester you all the time for DM3 - just want it to continue. There are so many reasons why I like the game. For example I love finding hidden stuff. The fact you have hidden chests everywhere and have a count that shows me how many I found out of the max is a huge draw for me. I have to find them all and it makes me search every space.

I also loved the map system and the layout of the world. Like yourself I loved the music. I thought the story was very interesting and was shocked when you told me you made it up as you went. It does flow very well. I thought the quests and tasks were fun and interesting. I love all the characters. The layout of the world and the use of the space you have was very well done. I liked the simple little things like being able to rebuild the orphanage. Thought it was a nice touch. The skills and spells you get were good. I liked the each character brought something new to the party.

The fact that the game is simple is a plus in my opinion. The fact you only had a few weapons/armor made each upgrade worth something. It also took lots of XP and money to advance your character. I didn't mind this because I'm used to grinding in RPGs. I agree that maybe if you release it again cut down on the number of battles and make the monsters drop more money. I liked the fact that only certain monsters dropped money where it made sense. Like why would a wolf drop money. It's a simple little thing but I liked it. I do wish there were more monster types. It did get boring seeing the same ones all the time. I also didn't enjoy the level cap that much.

I also loved the tower and thought it was well done. The cut scenes worked well. Again surprised at what you were able to do with so little. Really worked well with the story and artwork you had. Just overall a very good game. I'm sure I'm missing lots of reasons why I love the game so much but these are a few of them. I does remind me of all the old NES RPGs I used to play and I think this is a good thing. Not all RPGs need to be this huge complex games. I miss the simple (but hard) ones I used to play.

I found very little to complain about and have finished the game so many times it's not funny. It never gets old to me. It has been harder playing it on Win7 because of the delays. It also looks bad on there because the artwork I cut off. I ended up turning off the music and sound and that sped up the game. The music adds a lot so it wasn't as fun playing it this way.

I really hope you release an update at some point. But I would really LOVE DM3 as I have always said. :) Thanks again for the game. Really think it's a work of art!!! Still crossing my fingers for DM3 someday - ha ha.
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

DM3 DM3 DM3!!
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

It's Super Bowl Sunday. That means that Issa should start on DM3! :)
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

It's the 5th anniversary of my original post. Must be a sign that it's time to start DM3!!
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Guess it's time to start another run thru of Demon Mantra 2 while waiting for Demon Mantra 3 to come out
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Could 2016 be the year of Demons Mantra 3? I think so!
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Checking in. Hoping to see that development on DM3 has started. Heh
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

Game 7 of the NBA Finals. Must mean Demon Mantra III is coming soon...
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

It's the middle of August. Kids will be going back to school. Must be time to start working on DM3!!!
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

It's almost Christmas. All I want for Christmas is DM3. That isn't too much to ask for. Is it? I think it would make a great Christmas present. Make it so!!
RPG Lover

Post by RPG Lover »

It's 2017. Maybe the year of DM3???