BIG PROBLEM! PLEASE HELP

This forum is for all posts regarding Demon's Mantra II. Post questions, bugs, and get support help here.

BIG PROBLEM! PLEASE HELP

Post by GUEST »

BIG PROBLEM:

This window keeps popping up at startup, and everytime I access my Firefox browser!...

The Demon's Mantra II

Error: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'DM2_Installer.msi' in the box below

Use source:

TWO OPTIONS LISTED HERE:

C:\Documents and Settings\Phil\Desktop\Games\DM2_103_INSTALLER\

The Demon's Mantra II: 1

The buttons that are available to press:

1. are the X in the upper right corner
2. OK
3. Cancel
4. And the 'Browse...' button next to the options to the right of 'Use source:' (This is on the bottom right.)

I can keep pressing a certain combination of these buttons to temporarily get rid of the window (after a few minutes of guesswork), until:

1. I reboot
2. I load any internet related application, update a program via the internet, and it seems to especially like to boot right at the beginning of launching Firefox.
3. When it decides to, mysteriously, for some reason, on its own to pop up again.

This problem is mostly an annoyance, but appears to be taking up a lot of CPU Usage %, and causing other unseen problems, such as effecting overall system performance (More total crashes, more often in applications, even when using as few as possible)
(And who knows what other problems this is causing) #-o

I just want it to go away, is there an easy fix for this? :(
Issa
Issa
Issa

Re: BIG PROBLEM! PLEASE HELP

Post by Issa »

I've never seen this problem before, I dont know why uninstalling would do this to your Firefox. Can you try downloading the MSI file again. Then click Browse and point to it?

How did you uninstall the game? Through control panel?

Do you mind emailing me a screenshot at webmaster@issasoft.com. I will be glad to help you figure this out.

Thanks.
Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction.

--Ronald Reagan

Post by GUEST »

Issa wrote:I've never seen this problem before, I dont know why uninstalling would do this to your Firefox. Can you try downloading the MSI file again. Then click Browse and point to it?

How did you uninstall the game? Through control panel?

Do you mind emailing me a screenshot at webmaster@issasoft.com. I will be glad to help you figure this out.

Thanks.

I sent you an email (via my dad's gmail, feel free to respond via the board, or the email, whichever you feel is appropriate/easier), hopefully the mail sent through correctly. :)
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

I got your email and screenshots. I still think you should try the two solutions I mentioned previously.

1) Download the file (I can email it if you need it). Then point to this file when it prompts you. See what happens.

2) Download that MSI Removal Tool from Microsoft. Select DM2 and uninstall just that.

I would also recommend a new solution.

3) Reinstall DM2 then uninstall it. See what happens.

Please try these 3 options in that order and tell me the results.
Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction.

--Ronald Reagan

Post by GUEST »

Issa wrote:I got your email and screenshots. I still think you should try the two solutions I mentioned previously.

1) Download the file (I can email it if you need it). Then point to this file when it prompts you. See what happens.

2) Download that MSI Removal Tool from Microsoft. Select DM2 and uninstall just that.

I would also recommend a new solution.

3) Reinstall DM2 then uninstall it. See what happens.

Please try these 3 options in that order and tell me the results.
I tried download the zip file from another site, because I didn't know where to find it on your main site (issasoft.com)
http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f1259.html

I'm not sure where the .msi file is hiding, but strangely it showed the windows installer window (I forgot to take a screen shot, maybe I should have done it then... #-o ) when I ran the program (DM2.EXE), my firewall was warning that the program (DM2.EXE) was attempting to access higher priveleges (shut down and some other warning, they both were in red, which is usually a bad thing, so I blocked both privileges to prevent any more problems.)

I guess, send me the .msi file via the email, I'll download that to my desktop, and try to point it to that next time it asks for it (since that's what you recommended to try to do first.)
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

You can download the MSI file here.

http://www.issasoft.com/Download_Games/ ... TITLE.html

Or, through the Download Games link on the site.

--Ronald Reagan

Post by GUEST »

Issa wrote:You can download the MSI file here.

http://www.issasoft.com/Download_Games/ ... TITLE.html

Or, through the Download Games link on the site.
I pointed it to the .msi file, and so far, it seems to be working. I loaded Firefox, and no pop up windows this time! :o

Thank you so much Issa! =D>

Now should I just leave it the way it is for a while, or should I go to add/remove programs to completely remove, just to be sure? :?
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Awesome. So yea, do what you want. If you're done playing with the game uninstall it, or keep it. Up to you.

--Ronald Reagan

Post by GUEST »

Thank you SO MUCH again, Issa! :lol:

You really made my day! :mrgreen:

I'll probably remove the program at some other point in time, because, right now, I'm going to go celebrate now! 8)

Good luck to you on your future games! I'll check back sometime later this year to see if there's something new you made to play! :D