stuck

This forum is for all posts regarding Demon's Mantra I. Post questions, bugs, and get support help here.
anoma_lee

stuck

Post by anoma_lee »

I feel like an idiot for being stuck in the desert but I am--stuck, that is. What am I suppose to do? I've been through the temple but all paths are dead ends. What do I do to move past this level?
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

There are hidden walls in the temple, the paths are not dead ends. Try walking through a wall.
Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction.

--Ronald Reagan

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the help :D

One more question. I've moved past the desert and eventually went to the cave where the characters father was. (not a mistake-I just wanted to see what it was like. Saved before I went in.) I didn't have the dexterity to get the sheild or strength to get the sword to beat that level so I died swiftly. I am level 15 but most of my points went to magic.

The question-Im stuck on exp. points 5555 and my next level raise is 9999. Well I've killed many foes to raise my strength and dexterity but the xp doesn't budge. Do I have to start over and concentrate on those two attributes?
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Simple Answer: The maximum level you can reach is 15. It just says 9999.

Complicated Answer: The way I coded it was whenever the maximum exp is less than the current exp you gain a level. So I put code so that once you reach level 15, it always sets your maximum exp to 9999. That way you can never level up.
Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction.

--Ronald Reagan
anoma_lee

Post by anoma_lee »

Got it. Figured as much. As there is no way to defeat the cave(with father in it) without upping my strength I guess I need to start over. I'm moving on to DM II.

Thanx anyway :)
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Well you can just use the save editor and cheat to up your strength, better than just quitting.

--Ronald Reagan
coovegan

stuck too

Post by coovegan »

Cool game... I just DLed it yesterday...

I'm at level 15 and I'm stuck in the desert. I've revisted every place I know of and I found many secret walls in the temple, but ultimately I don't see how to get into the ocean passage.

Also, I'm just curious....what's the deal with the locked building that is southwest of the start village?

nice job! I'll be moving on to DM2 as soon as I finish this one!

Thanks!
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

I think the locked building is a side quest for an item or something, I forget, I havent played that game for years.

To get to the ocean there is a cave in the desert. Its to the top right.

--Ronald Reagan
coovegan

re:stuck

Post by coovegan »

Thanks... I found the cave but it won't let me in. It keeps saying that I need to wait til I'm ready or something like that.
coovegan

nm, I got it

Post by coovegan »

nevermind... I overlooked an area in the temple. Thanks! :-)
tjhombereh

Post by tjhombereh »

Hey coovegean, the cottage is one of the resistance fightrers home. She has a sword in there.