awesome game!

This forum is for all posts regarding Demon's Mantra II. Post questions, bugs, and get support help here.
coovegan

awesome game!

Post by coovegan »

I finished DM1 the other night and played DM2 nearly straight through, lol... it was such a huge and excellent improvement over DM1... I was very impressed right away with the quality. Great job!

Some say that the measure of a good RPG is its ability to invoke emotion in its players. I was so immersed into the story that I was sad when Sofi died and happy at the end when the orphanage opened :-D

It was very fun and I was totally hooked on it from start to finish!

When is DM3 coming out? :-P

Keep up the great work!
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

I actually played DM2 last week and beat it in about three days, its been about two years since I played. I loved playing my own game and actually forgetting all the puzzles and stuff. I'm going to go back and play DM1 a little later.

Afterwards I thought about what my next RPG would be like and it came to me and I was very excited to see it come together in my mind. Will it be Dm3? I dunno but I liked the idea.

I liked the idea of having Maurice, Nina, and Ryu in a party for an RPG. Each with their own special abilities, like Maurice would be a wizard, Nina a healer/summoner, and Ryu a pure fighter. And the ability to switch between characters, like at times, you will have to solve puzzles and divide the team up into ones. And thats how the game starts, you have to meet up with each other and stuff. Very similary to Wild Arms.

How far away is it? At the very least I dont plan to have another RPG done until 2008 but these are ideas, I dunno what will happen in that time.

I really want to emphasize on skill build up though, passive and active, where players can make their own types of characters and choose the skills they want too. Like a skill tree where you must put points into to get to the next leaf but nothing entirely complicated.

Dm2 wasnt made overnite, it took years of previous experience to even get there, but I hope to get better and make something very cool after Chicken Fighters.
Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction.

--Ronald Reagan
LansOperator

Post by LansOperator »

Hey, I wouldn't mind helping you with your next project if its another The Demon's Mantra title, after I beat one and two of course. :wink:
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

It would be a VERY long time until I even start making another game. Right now I am finishing up Chicken Fighters 2005 and I am slacking due to lack of interest.
Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction.

--Ronald Reagan
LansOperator

Post by LansOperator »

Why would it have to be a long time when you have someone fresh who has new ideas to put on your series? Wouldn't that get you excited again?
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Because I need to work full time and have other things to deal with. Games are low on my list, and everytime I try to load up Chicken Fighters 2005 to work on it, I just close it because I dont feel like programming anymore. Its hard work, its borring sometimes, and I'd rather do something else right now. I dont have a drive to work on games right now.

--Ronald Reagan
LansOperator

Post by LansOperator »

Well that sucks. I was hoping to get something going. Oh well I guess. If you get interested again, let me know. Its been a "dream" of mine to work on an rpg video game.
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Can you draw?

--Ronald Reagan
LansOperator

Post by LansOperator »

Not that well, but I know people who can who I'm sure wouldn't mind helping here and there.
Issa
Issa
Issa

Post by Issa »

Well I dont really know what I will be doing so dont promise anybody anything. I prefer to do everything myself anyway since there are no deadlines and such. I'm just in limbo right now in terms of my games, I dont know what to make, and I dunno if I want to make anything anymore, its just gotten so boring and less rewarding. It was a past time mostly when was in college and school and didnt work full time, something to do on those boring weekdays, but now I gotta work.

--Ronald Reagan
LansOperator

Post by LansOperator »

Thats cool, I just finished my first year of college. I'm working towards a bachelors in computer science geared towards networking, I've got a job as a network administrator for a multi million dollar company, and I'm only 19. I also have a daughter and fiance. I live on my own and support both of them. I also play poker and golf, but I still think I would have time to do this. 8)
me

Post by me »

*sniff*

I only just finished 7th grade!

Post by Guest »

cmon issa dont give up on us... i need ur games ur rpgs are only good ones online... i need u to make demon mantra tactics its sounds so good and ur ideas are awsome .... :P o yeah and i got last post not me :P